Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Survey: What would you save in a fire?

Okay, suggested by a reader, what five things would you save from your place of residence if there was a fire?

Mine:
1. The big TV. (That thing's expensive!)
2. My computer. (Also expensive and not paid off yet!)
3. My papers. ("What was in the trunk? Papers. Business papers. And what do you do, sir? I'm unemployed.")
4. I have a thing with sentimental crap like my high school ring, stuff like that.
5. DVD case. (Screw the clothes, I need a new wardrobe anyway.)

Put your top five in the comments. I EXPECT frequent commenters to contribute!

Stopping, Dropping, and Rolling,
'thew

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
LINKS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- I actually like Pat Buchanan.
- I may have posted this....AZN cars!
- 10 reasons gay marraige should be banned.
- Cool gorilla "thing".
- Graffiti humor.
- Now I can say, "Lipton, you pimp!", and mean it.
- Get mad! (Government site.)
- The beginning of the robot rebellion!
- First person view of 56 rollercoasters.
- Calvin and Hobbes is the most perfect thing ever. Just look at my icon.
- You never learn if you don't fall down.
- So this means the Bush administration made America less safe for political gain. Period.
- End rendition.
- This war will dominate the beginning of many peoples lives.
- Cool cakes.
- Stop teen pregnancy!
- Calm down people. You know how many drawings of stick figures with guns I made at that age? This is ridiculous.
- Rockfish. Awesome animation.
- No time for love, Dr. Jones.
- Graffiti couch.
- All the book covers for HG. Wells' War of the Worlds since its first edition. Had this one. This one is my favorite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MUSIC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guaranteed to make you happy: Toots and the Maytals with Pressure Drop. (Couldn't find my favorite version of the song by the Specials)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog! Very Appropo! What would I save?
1. BAXTER
2. My wallet (ID, Medical Card, Social Security Card [which I don't keep in my wallet but maybe I should start??], my emergency credit card, etc..)
3. My box of "sentimental crap"
4. My autographed Jon Bon Jovi photos.
5. My phone and/or address book

Anonymous said...

1) Should I be at home w/ the rents, then definitely WOODSTOCK :)
2) Photos, including the criminating ones
3) Mom's cookbook
4) Ring from my granny
5) Altus, OK t-shirt
...and because #1 doesn't really apply...
6) Fluffy Sunshine!

Anonymous said...

1. Lap Top
2. Pictures of family on desk and wall

Nothing else matters.

Also agree mostly on Buchanan, he is independent. I like the allusion to Malthus which is a good test against any scaremongers. Too strident on immigration.

As to "Warning: Fun ahead
Safety first, yes, but today's overprotected kids need to live a little" I think we should ban all video games to anyone under 50. We all need to get out and do more.

A'

GM-Carson said...

Hey, I saw you mentioned us about a month ago on your blog, recognizing our Phillies Phlashback Phriday of Desi Relaford. I just wanted to say thanks for the compliment and feel free to become part of the commenting community over at We Should Be GM's.

Anonymous said...

Hoping UJ saw the Calvin&Hobbes thing
We love those comics!