Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Color Gray

As I sit in my office cubicle I am bombarded by one thing: the color gray. I despise this color. I despise its blandness, use and misuse.

Let me name the things in my prefurnished cubicle that are gray or its close cousin, beige:
The WALLS!
The cabinets
The drawers
The phone
The lamp
The ceiling
The laptop
The mouse
The desk surface
The carpet(mostly)
I spend 8 hours a day surrounded and engulfed in the color gray. Is it really good for productivity? I think gray just stifles the mind.
As far as the world being in black and white, it's not. Stop kidding yourself. It would be nice and easy to solve all the world's problems if the world were black and white. No, we have to reside in this "gray area". It signals recursive compromise. Who wants that, especially in the "gimme-now" America. (side note: I am tired of smelling the guy's aftershave in the next cubicle, it's probably called "Gray for Men")
People with gray hair are almost automatically branded as old, regardless. (Does not apply to George Clooney)
You cant spell it either grey or gray, further establishing its indecisiveness and banality.

The only real positive thing I could find on wikipedia was "grey matter" which we know means your brain, which I like. My brain I mean.

Painting a picture, 40 shades of gray,
'thew

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
LINKS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Holy crap, I just looked at the list of links I have reserved to show you guys and it's long as hell. I'm going to split it up and tomorrow will be just political links. Fun stuff only today!

- Cool cars that never made it to America.
- The best inventions of 2007.
- Dummy.
- It's amazing to see how much .edu has to offer.
- I hate bugs.
- WANT!
- DO NOT WANT!
- That prairie dog's about to get very serious. Oh noes! Too late!
- N. Koreans is cray zee.
- Ever see giraffes fight before? This is insane.
- This is what the romantic guy thinks, rather than the ones trying to get into your pants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MUSIC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you guys have any requests?


I present: DAFT PUNK!



directed by Michel Gondry (my favorite, he directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)

No comments: