Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dirtday

Today is my birthday. Thanks to all sending greetings!


So far my favorite one was happy birthday sung to the Oscar Meyer Weiner song and also this:



I don't know what going whole hog is, but I want to learn....badly.

and this.

On to other things....

I'm generally a centrist person, as far as my political viewpoints go. I'm viewed as a liberal due to the fact that America is so polarized that you're either one or the other. I've been trying to understand conservative viewpoints lately. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had been looking for a decent conservative voice and I found Glenn Beck who is pretty decent. I've been listening to lotsa conservative opinions and I noticed one continuous vein: That you need to let people fail, and that everyone needs to make it on their own. I agree that the failing in many respects teaches us to fight to live(what does not kill us...), but who of us has not gotten by with a little help, especially me.
We need to understand that we are our brother's keeper and we need to take care of each other. We cannot LET each other fail. I had some rough patches in my life, and if I weren't "bailed out" more than I should have been, I probably wouldn't have succeeded as I am, and I am thankful for the help I got. Many conservatives think the free market and capitalism can solve all ills, but I contend that capitalists are too concerned with just their shareholders and not stakeholders. Human capital is still just capital to them. It's unfortunate.

We all go together to the future or we don't go at all.


dirtday boy,
'thew
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
LINKS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- These vandals need to be put away!
- I'm very excited about this.
- Come on... seriously? The vatican is saying this?
- Weird ass Japan cookies...
- Cool. Also cool.
- Weird Trees.
- I hope this isn't true. I used to have a direct link to MSNBC reporting it but that disappeared. I wonder why? More.
- Come on.... Let's do this to Iran... It'll be great.
- Chickens.
- Poor dogs. I like the motorcycle one.
- Egg art.
- Okay seriously. Orwell's predictions are getting eerie.
- Want one!
- Cirque de Soliel performances.
- I think this is stained glass, which is awesome.
- One or two of these are ingenious.
- Awesome street drummer.
- Internet Radio based on color.
- Cool. Bateman.
- Awesome.
- Some of my favorite quotes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
MUSIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Flaming Lips
I thought it was a virtue in always bein' cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matt!

Behan01 said...

Happy b-day, sir, may all your rolls be strikes and all your gutters have bumpers.