Thursday, August 30, 2007

Human Cannonball

Did you see they are bringing back American Gladiators? It will only be cool if they bring back Nitro and Zapp and Gemini and Malibu. AND Joe Theismann! Supposedly it will be more of a reality show. Booooooooooooooooooo. Gladiator, READY!


Also, on TV, Family Guy will be doing a Star Wars special. I am very excited for this, and you can check out 10 minutes below. It's not great quality but hell its funny.


lazily postin'
'thew
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LINKS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Another space station shot. (Thanks Sean)
- This is a video a fan made, great editing, beautiful song, and Chuck Bronson!
- This can't be real.
- Cool site for retro stuff, articles are a little weak though. You'll get a kick out of it for 10 minutes. Remember Book-It!
- Neat!
- It's amazing when intelligent people speak on things they know, it makes sense, but no one listens. But when Leonardo DiCaprio makes a movie about the environment, everyone listens.
- What a jerk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUSIC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Morning Jacket
- I can't say enough how much I love this band. As it goes with any band I love, their energy is boundless. Ive seen them twice, and I refuse to ever miss another show. I'm going to go ahead and put up 2 videos here, because I couldn't pick. And 'cause I do whatever I want. Punk.


2 comments:

thewster said...

I think they still show old American Gladiator shows on ESPN Classic.

Anonymous said...

1st- I dont know if that dialogue is scripted or Malibu is really that stupid

2nd- Isn't it amazing how millions of people will come together for such a cause? Great way to raise money though, no bs. Spelling out "we miss you" in hopes of it being seen from heaven? That kind of mass dedication is inconceivable to me. Does anyone think America would do such a thing for any of the great figures in our history? I'm thinking Rick James.

3rd- Does anyone have feelings of ambivalence concerning global climate change? I do, but I feel the heart of the problem is how people will naturally take the side of people like Gore and Leo because they are helping the environment. Everyone feels good when they help the environment don't they?
Everyone just pays attention to how we are f'ing up the earth or how big Michael Moore says the hole in the ozone layer is/ is getting. Which, by the way, I'm reading articles that say there is no hole in the ozone anymore and others that say it's there and we're causing it. I don't know what to believe.
I do know that everyone wants to keep the environment safe. As a result I think environmentalism is being used by politicians and further political agendas. so what's my point?
It has become so politicized and those on both sides don't always appear to have their facts straight. Maybe thats why I and others alike are confused.


---Impressed with dedication and confused with politics