Monday, March 3, 2008

Reactions

When people are told by me or someone else I write this blog, they usually express one of three reactions: They are either, genuinely impressed, slightly bemused, or, as best I can describe it, snarky apprehension. The first two are understandable. The first, that maybe that I am writing, or that this thing actually turns a tiny profit. Tiny. The second reaction, they really don't pay attention to blogs, or don't know what they are, which is fine, maybe that gets them to check them out.

But the third one really surprises me. Some people seem to genuinely look down upon it. All blogging. I am curious whether it is in response to a new "nerd fad" or a feeling of jealousy in not doing it themselves. Either way if they don't want to read it they can go take a long walk of a short bridge.

Blastin',
'thew

---------------------------------------------------------------------
LINKS
---------------------------------------------------------------------
- Stuff White People Like. Hilarious blog about what its titled.
- 6 things we need to see in the Arrested Development movie.
- What?! Why?
- Why aren't we using this in Iraq? If you saw the 60 minutes piece, you'd wonder too.
- Yummy. Bacon cups.
- So explain to me how or why our beautiful system of checks and balances is NOT being honored?
- Gross.
- HAHA. Ass.
- Check it.
- Map of the internetting.
- There are way too many of these types in America. Thank you MTV, for turning a generation into stuck up, selfish, entitled idiots.
- I hope they don't think they are taking that anywhere.
- I hope this isn't true.
- Play all your favorite NES games right in your browser.
- Whoa.
- What a guy.
- Interesting look at the dichotomy of being "American".
- I for one welcome our robotic overlords...
- Terrible...
- Timeline of media misdirection.
- Ahhh, Rick Astley, you are the greatest....Never gonna give, never gonna give...
- That's one way to come into the world.
- Just.....awesome. I wonder if they can do Rick Astley?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
MUSIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blind Faith
Can't Find My Way Home
This short lived band included Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood

No comments: