Monday, July 7, 2008

GUEST POST!!! by Vinny

Guest blogging for one of my best friends is a nice treat. In the soon to be infamous words of the dead Heath Ledger and here we go....


Just so we are all clear on the flip-flops so far this year by our beloved presidential nominees. Here is a nice article provided by the BBC. Some of the analysis is a bit idiotic, such as McCain's Christian Right stance and Obama's Campaign Finanace stance, but other good points are revealed like Obama's ever changing stance on Iraq and McCain's immigration stance. Lots of posturing for voters by McCain, while Obama now appears to be readying himself for the old politics of favors for money.

Nest eggs falling in value..
Ugh, let's look at this month's numbers. I've lost money in my retirement account. If I remember correctly, this is supposed to be analyzed on a long term basis and not a short term basis. Anything to make the public grow in fear. I can understand those that are living on that money at the moment, but at that point it isn't retirement you are talking about, it is your current income. Do something about it instead of hoping the government will do something for you.

Kerry in the news again. Won't this guy just let himself leave with some dignity. After his defeat to Bush in 04, he shut up for a while and now here he is talking about McCain in a negative light. This is the same guy who wanted McCain to be his running mate in 04. Another Kerry flip-flop, I vote for the war before I voted against it.


McCain promises to balance the budget. That would be great if he can get the Democrats, who have control of the congress after promising to do the same thing, to go along with it. (Editor's note: Fat chance! I'll love the effort, but mourn the failure.)


This just broke a timetable for Iraq....interesting development.

On a lighter note, check out Hancock, very good movie. Comedy throughout and touching at the same time. Will Smith has delivered another great film.

The Phils appear to have lost out on C.C. Sabathia, which leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Here they are primed for a big playoff run and they are being out done by the Brew crew. Buck up guys, sell the farm, pay the money, sell your soul, bring us a championship. I'm willing to put up with losing seasons for the next few years; I've already been doing it since I can remember.

That's it for me. Thanks for reading.

Vinny

P.S. - For those that want a tune, here you go.
Nirvana - Been a Son

No comments: