Friday, September 11, 2009

Eagles

So we have the upcoming football season looming...in fact the first game was played last night. I wanted to point out something out about the Philadelphia Eagles organization.

Over the last year, they have made bad decision after bad decision compounded by a little bad "luck". After a unlikely run deep into the postseason, the team neglected to hold onto the heart of the team, Brian Dawkins. BDawk was for most fans of my generation, "the" Eagles, due to the fact that our love for the team formed and took place during his long tenure. They took the money they couldn't pay the city's favorite athlete and gave it to Mike Vick. Say what you want about the guys activities and wether he can still play ball or not but many people have had enough of the Eagles.
Jimmy Johnson died. He was the BRAINS of the organization. The blitz package will never be the same.

Now, of course, teams go through ages, and of course the true fans don't fall off the bandwagon. The problem is the Patriots were not the Patriots 20 years ago. Have you been to the stadium? Coldest sports venue I've ever been to. They made me throw out the umbrella I carry with me everywhere(I walk the city everyday). It was a clear night. What am I going to do with an umbrella?!
Compare it to the little place across the street. Citizens Bank Park, where everyone is friendly, the park is bright and cheerful and beautifully designed, plus something called World Champions.

What I am saying with all this is that the end of the best era in Eagles history is about to come to an end. Enjoy.

'thew

###############################################
LINKS
###############################################
- Grow Tower. So much fun.
- Every Itchy and Scratchy from the Simpsons.
- Treehouses.
- Rep. Joe Wilson is a shithead.
- This restaurant looks great.
- This is proof enough, and should be for you, of alien life.
- Neat system.
- I wonder if I'm in it?
- Great portrait photography.
- Amazing cover.
- 55 Epic, Weird and Totally Awesome Images
- Wait there's a debate now?
- This is all I do. You should too.
- This guy is wicked smart.
- Motivate Star Wars style.
- So cute.
- Amazing video. Another.
- This is all FoxNews is good for.
- Nails! How far the mighty have fallen.
- Put it in context.
- Get me this. The boat engine make noise.
- Reading is dead.
- Louis C.K. is funny.
- These are intriguing.
- Straws.
- Brilliant. I need to start my own.
- I like these.
- Conservatives are MOSTLY idiots. Sorry all. This is the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.

##############################################
MUSIC
##############################################
Incredibad
Dreamgirl feat. Norah Jones
I love this...it goes from a hilarious song to a Chexmix commercial. My favorite line: Norah Jones singing, "I thought you looke like a bag of trash..."


Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Atman feat. Skolnick
They're back! The album is amazing and Ill be seeing them 10/23...can't wait. Skolnick!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grow game is awesome

thewster said...

Search the rest of the site...There's more.